The world's first cold spray gun with axial injection as well as optionally cooled injector and cooled pre-chamber!
At Impact Innovation, we are researchers in the field of cold gas coating, developers of cold spray system components, system manufacturers of turnkey solutions - and of course users of our products ourselves. This daily experience helps us to further develop cold gas technology, to optimize system components and to enable potentially completely new cold gas applications through innovative products.
One such innovation is the Impact Gun 6/11 AH EvoCSII. In more than 4 years of development, our own considerations for optimization as well as feedback from customers and partners have flowed into this new cold gas spray gun. The result is a Cold Spray Gun with unique product features and benefits.
- Key factors of the Impact Angle Head Spray Gun
- Suitable for the entire range of cold gas spraying
- Process gas pressure up to 60 bar, temperature up to 1100 °C
- Integrated heating with max. 40 kW heating capacity
- Optional: Water-cooled injector and water-cooled antechamber available
The Impact Gun 6/11 AH EvoCSII is a gun type that has been newly developed from scratch for the Impact Spray System EvoCSII, with which it is 100% compatible. The special thing about this gun: Due to the axial injection of the powder into the process gas, the powder jet is not deflected, as is the case with our other gun models, but the process gas.
The Impact Angle Head Gun is able to introduce the metal powder centrally in the antechamber area with particular precision.
The axial injection of the metal powder is particularly advantageous for very fine and temperature-sensitive materials such as copper, aluminum or silver, as the risk of powder adhesion in the antechamber area and in the nozzle is greatly reduced.
In contrast to the gun with central injection, the Impact Angle Head Gun can be used in the entire temperature range of up to 1100°C.
Due to the angular arrangement of the heating element to the nozzle, the new gun can be optimally aligned with regard to the thermal management of the heating in the coating operation.
The alignment of the heater can be brought into an optimal position much more easily with the angle head. When spraying horizontally, the heater can be placed vertically upwards. Spraying downwards is now also possible, then the heater - as in most cases now - is arranged horizontally to the gun.
In addition to axial powder injection, this new gun model offers the option of being equipped with an optional water-cooled injector and an optional water-cooled pre-chamber. In combination with the optimized water cooling of the nozzle, a constant temperature distribution in the entire front area of the gun is guaranteed.
All these new possibilities of the Impact Angle Head Gun make the cold spray process even more individually adaptable to your own needs, more sustainable in the use of resources and, above all, even more reliable in industrial use.
See the Impact Angle Head Gun in action in our Cold Spray Coating Box for Aluminum Cookware:
Customers and partners who are currently using one or more Impact EvoCSII system(s) please note:
- Based purely on the CS process, the performance of the Impact Gun 6/11 AH EvoCSII is identical to that of the Impact Gun 6/11 EvoCSII - at 60 bar up to 1000°C and up to 1100°C at 50 bar
- The normal nozzles of the Impact Gun 6/11 EvoCSII can be used
- A sealing ring is no longer necessary
- With this new model there is no air cooling, only water cooling
- The previous water cooling jacket cannot be used. A new water cooling jacket is offered, which specifically cools the inflow cone of the nozzle more effectively
The new Impact Gun 6/11 AH EvoCSII can be equipped with:
- Water-cooled pre-chamber extension in lengths of 100, 135 and 170mm to avoid spitting
- Water-cooled injector